U.S. Cooler has unlimited supply of Extruded Insulation and has additional production capability for Extruded Walk-in cooler and freezer products. Due to the industry-wide supply chain disruptions, U.S. Cooler has a limited supply of Foamed-in-Place Polyurethane (FIP) foam. All current orders are being fulfilled without any delay.
U.S. Cooler is proud to be an expert manufacturer in both Extruded insulation (XPS) and Foamed-in-Place Polyurethane (FIP) walk-in coolers and freezers. Both insulations are typically readily available to walk-in manufacturers. However, recent economic events have caused a disruption in the supply chain for FIP foam. U.S. Cooler is able to fulfill all current FIP orders without any delay. We have a limited supply of FIP foam available and would encourage customers to consider extruded insulation for upcoming projects. Both types of insulation are great products and work well for a multitude of applications. Curious about the benefits of each insulation product and what would work best for your project or interested in switching your project to Extruded insulation? Let us help you decide!
Below are a few benefits of each insulation product:
Extruded Insulation (XPS):
- Design Flexibility – Insulation is cut to fit panels perfectly to create a completely custom and engineered product that will stand the test of time.
- Excellent Moisture Resistance – Extruded has great moisture resistance. It contains a very tight closed cell structure that helps in preventing water from permeating the center core of the panel.
- Energy Efficient – A higher R-value saves energy and dollars over the life of the unit. Extruded meets and exceeds all requirements for the Energy Independence and Security Act, R-32 for freezers and R-25 for coolers.
Foamed-in-Place Polyurethane (FIP):
- Design Flexibility – Designed and manufactured based on the customer’s needs. Each panel is engineered to provide a long-lasting durable product and state-of-the-art horizontal press technology is used to fill each foam panel.
- Exceptional Performance – U.S. Cooler’s Foamed-in-Place Polyurethane performance rating of R-32 for freezers meets the Energy Independence and Security Act and exceeds the R-25 requirement for coolers.
Economic things happen, but one thing you can always count on is your friends at U.S. Cooler to be there to assist you on your walk-in cooler and freezer projects. If you have any questions concerning insulation, click here to check out the U.S. Cooler Insulation Brochure or give our exceptional customer service team a call at 1-800-521-2665.